Thursday, December 17, 2009

The 2010 Honda Insight: A Toyota Prius copycat?

I have a 2007 Toyota Prius and I love it! Not only do I get 46 mpg on average, but I also get to drive it on the carpool lane, by myself!

I also pay attention to the competition between Honda and Toyota. Remember how Honda used to call the Toyota Prius shaped like a “Cheese Wedge”? See this Honda commercial from September 2007:

“The Honda Civic Hybrid: All the gas mileage, all the style, none of the hype.”

Fast forward a year and a half. Honda announces the new 2010 Honda Insight, and it looks very similar to a … Toyota Prius. Looks like the “Cheese Wedge” shape is not so bad after all!

2009 Prius and 2010 Insight

Left: 2009 Toyota Prius. Right: 2010 Honda Insight. Image from Edmunds.com

2010 Insight vs Prius


1 comment:

  1. Before assuming copy-cats from Honda go back to the FIRST Insight, which Toyota stole their design from.

    ReplyDelete